Under Age Gambling
It is against the law for those under 18 years old to gamble and ClubVegas999 takes its responsibilities in this regard very seriously. We carry out electronic age verification checks on customers who use payment mechanisms that can easily be used by persons under the age of 18 years old. In addition, we carry out age checks on a random selection of all other customers regardless of the method of payment. Anyone under the age of 18 found to be using the site will have any winnings forfeited and may also be reported to the relevant authorities. All our Customer Service staff receives regular awareness training on problem gambling issues.
Self-Exclusion or Opt-Out
ClubVegas999 provides the facility to allow a customer to self-exclude themselves from their account(s) for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or 5 years. Once this change has been made to an account, it will not be possible for the account to be re- opened for any reason until after the set period has expired. During the period of opt-out, ClubVegas999 will do all it can to prevent new accounts being opened. An account that is simply "closed" can be re-opened by the customer at any time. If you wish to use this facility or would like further information on this, please Contact Us and one of our highly trained Customer Services team will be pleased to assist you.
Information on Keeping Control
While the majority of people do gamble within their means, for some gambling can become a problem. It may help you to keep control to remember the following:
- Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money.
- Avoid chasing losses.
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose.
- Keep track of the time and amount you spend gambling.
- If you want to have a break from gambling you can use our self exclude option.
- If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then contact GamCare.
Problem Gambling Questionnaire
If you are concerned that gambling may have taken over your (or someone else's) life then the following questions may help you find out:
- Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have others ever criticized your gambling?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
If you experience any of the above issues, please use our opt-out option and contact professional help to resolve the gambling problem